❶There is a brace for left leg and a brace for right leg, check if you have the correct brace before use. For Genu Varum (Bowleg), the ROM hinge should be on the inner side of the knee(Fig. A).
❷Unfasten all the hook and loop fasteners. Slide the brace over foot, and pull the brace up to the leg and over the knee(Fig. B).
❸Center patella opening on the kneecap and make sure the hinge is positioned on the side of the kneecap(Fig. C).
❹Secure the hoop and loop fastener on the brace and adjust it to desired tightness(Fig. D).
❺ Fasten all the straps according to the sequence indicators (Fig. E), adjust the straps until desired level of support is achieved. While fastening the straps, first, adjust the strap to suitable length at the back and fasten it (Fig. F). Then thread the front end of the strap through the buckles (Fig. G) and secure the hook and loop fasteners at the front. The two middle straps should cross each other (Fig. D). The upper middle strap at the front should be fasten to the lower buckle at the back. The lower middle strap at the front should be fasten to the upper buckle at the back (Fig. H).
ROM setting instruction:
❻For ROM ( range of motion ) setting, take off the Flexion / Extension stops fix cap by gently unlocking the cap from the bottom using the fingers(Fig. I).
❼Select the correct Flexion and Extension stops, place them into the notches according to the FLEX/EXT marks on the hinge,“F” stops in“FLEX” notch, “E”stops in “EXT” notch. For easier application, place the shorter Flexion / Extension stop before the longer Flexion / Extension stop. Take out the longer stop before the shorter one(Fig. J).
❽Re-place the Flexion / Extension stops fix cap (Fig. K)., place the cap on the hinge accordingly to FLEX / EXT marks. Make sure the bolts on the cap are well fixed to the holes, then have the ends of the cap well locked to the hinge (Fig. L).
❾There are two extension buffer stops with 15°and 25°. Those extra buffer stops are designed to help relieve pain and discomfort by slowing down knee extension movement and avoid knee shock feel near full knee extension. Bigger extension range buffer stop (25°) or smaller extension range buffer stop (15°) can be selected according to individual requirement(Fig. M).
1. If discomfort or pain results, persists or increases,discontinue use and consult a hysician.
2. Usage as directed by physician, also operated by professional accroding to physician indication. Do not operate without consulting physician.
3. Make sure the hook and loop fasteners are well fastened while wearing the product. If the hook and loop fasteners cannot be fastened well. stop using the product to prevent injuries.
4. This product is also applicable for Genu Valgum (Knock Knee). However. the ROM hinge should be on the outer side of the knee.
1. Remove foam liner from hinges for hand wash. using a mild detergent and cold water. air dry. Do not wash in washing machine or place in mechanical dryer. Do not bleach nor iron.
2. The splints are removable, please remove the splints before washing.